I built the full-scale chest buss tonight. I still don’t have a solid plan for how I’m going to suspend this thing on my chest yet, but at least it’s operational. Here it is plugged into MiniMe for a test.
I’ve got the full-scale arm and harnesses complete, along with their elastic straps. I’ve become an expert at fabrication with elastic and anorak snaps! I also made a temporary spine that lets me attach the arms and legs to the Arduino, so I’ll be posting some pics with those harnesses lit up soon. They represent 18 of the 50 total LEDs in the outfit.
There are some spatial relationships between LEDs on different harnesses that I’ve planned, such as the ones shown here. Those LEDs are supposed to generally line up, and it will be much easier for me to actually achieve that kind of alignment if I can take the measurements on myself, instead of just in theory. I feel like a tailor now. :-S