Recently I’ve been having to don the full anthrolume setup more often, whether to fabricate some part, measure something, or shoot a video. I have noticed that it takes around 25 minutes to put the thing on, especially the 18 straps on the arms and legs. I’ve had a full set of straps for a long time using my original design but it got me thinking about how I could simplify the strap design. What seems most tedious is having to thread the ribbon cable through each strap in sequence. So I came up with a newer design that uses velcro instead of snaps. I built a single prototype and it worked great, so I went ahead and recycled the elastic from the old straps to make a complete new set of 18. The fact that I could do that in a day attests to just how much simpler this new design really is.